Tomorrow is the day.
Our sweet, little, 5-month old, Anna, goes into surgery.
Mark and I are, undoubtedly, nervous. Very nervous.
No one wants their precious little baby to have to go to surgery—no one. But, when it’s needed, it’s needed.
A mass was discovered in Anna’s bladder. She has had an ongoing fever and infection for about a month, now, that she just can’t seem to kick. The doctors are almost positive that this mass is harboring much bacteria, and, possibly more, that is making her body sick. If this isn’t taken care of soon, terrible things could happen to her.
So, we weighed all our options, and decided, along with the doctors, that the very best decision is to go forward with the surgery.
The surgery begins around 7:30 tomorrow morning and consists of general anesthesia (yikes) and the doctors going through the urethra and into the bladder. They are going to puncture the mass, drain it, check for any abnormalities, reflux, etc, etc. Along with checking everything else. I will have to stay overnight with her and hopefully, if all goes well, we can come home on Tuesday.
Depending on how things go, I might be off the blog for a couple days, but I will update you as soon as I can!
We would so appreciate your prayers!!!